- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Margaret E. Cornish, 85, of Chillicothe, Ill., died Sunday, May 23, 2004, at Peoria Methodist Medical Center in Peoria, Ill.
She was born Aug. 7, 1918, at Scott City, daughter of Charles Leo and Mamie Wishon Davis. She first married Robert Hartle in 1937, who died in 1945. She and John Hahs were married in 1946, and he died in 1970. She later married Sherman Cornish in 1975, who died in 1994.
Cornish lived in Scott City several years.
Survivors include three sons, Ralph Hartle of Granville, Ill., John Hahs of Princeville, Ill., Ronald Hahs of Chillicothe; a daughter, Glenda Austin of Chillicothe; eight grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jimmie Corbin officiating. Burial will be in New Salem Methodist Cemetery at Daisy.