- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Out of the past 5/26/04
10 years ago: May 26, 1994
One hundredth birthday party for E.L. "Hap" Goodman is held in afternoon at Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau; he is one of four surviving World War I veterans at home.
Cape Girardeau Planning and Zoning Commission will recommend to city council most of proposals made by Boyd Gaming Corp. to handle increased traffic and need for additional parking for its casino.
25 years ago: May 26, 1979
Commencement exercises for both Central High School and Notre Dame High School were held last night; co-valedictorians at Central were Jill McBride and Lynn Dee Paar, and salutatorian was Monte Lindsey.
Cape Girardeau County Court has decided to advertise for bids on demolition of old Cape Girardeau County jail at Jackson; bids will be opened on June 11.
50 years ago: May 26, 1954
Residents of Rum Branch school district in southwest corner of Cape Girardeau County have voted to join their district with Stoddard County District, which centers on Advance.
BENTON, Mo. -- Meeting has been set for next week to discuss joining three reorganized Scott County school districts into one mammoth district; plan would combine new Morley-Vanduser, Benton-Diehlstadt-Blodgett-Commerce and Oran-Perkins districts.
75 years ago: May 26, 1929
Seventy-five years of history of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau are appropriately observed at diamond jubilee celebration held all day by members of congregation, friends and members of denomination from elsewhere.
Sunday evening services at many Cape Girardeau churches are dismissed in order that members may attend Central High School baccalaureate services at Centenary Methodist Church; the Rev. W.O. Schulze, pastor of Grace Methodist Church, preaches sermon.
-- Sharon K. Sanders