- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ray Kettles Sr.
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Ray Allen Kettles Sr., 57, of Sikeston died Monday, May 24, 2004, at his home.
He was born June 27, 1946, in Cape Girardeau, son of Leo and Virginia Horn Kettles.
Kettles was a self-employed mechanic, and a long-time racer at Sikeston Drag Strip.
Survivors include a son, Allen Kettles of Sikeston; a stepdaughter, Elizabeth Eaves of St. Louis; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son and his parents.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Nunnelee Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.