- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)39
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Cancer survivors hold celebration
To the editor:
My sincere thanks to all the women who made National Cancer Survivors Day such a big success. It was very well presented. I was surprised that more survivors didn't show up.
Also, thanks to all the young Hawaiian dancers who gave their time to do several dances. This entertainment was presented by City Studio dancers.
Being a cancer survivor of 17 years, I have just spent my first year in Cape Girardeau. I look forward to next year.
Thanks again to all who helped make May 1 a memorable day.
DELORES SCHMITT MANTOS