- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cancer survivors hold celebration
To the editor:
My sincere thanks to all the women who made National Cancer Survivors Day such a big success. It was very well presented. I was surprised that more survivors didn't show up.
Also, thanks to all the young Hawaiian dancers who gave their time to do several dances. This entertainment was presented by City Studio dancers.
Being a cancer survivor of 17 years, I have just spent my first year in Cape Girardeau. I look forward to next year.
Thanks again to all who helped make May 1 a memorable day.
DELORES SCHMITT MANTOS