- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Cancer survivors hold celebration
To the editor:
My sincere thanks to all the women who made National Cancer Survivors Day such a big success. It was very well presented. I was surprised that more survivors didn't show up.
Also, thanks to all the young Hawaiian dancers who gave their time to do several dances. This entertainment was presented by City Studio dancers.
Being a cancer survivor of 17 years, I have just spent my first year in Cape Girardeau. I look forward to next year.
Thanks again to all who helped make May 1 a memorable day.
DELORES SCHMITT MANTOS