- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Cancer survivors hold celebration
To the editor:
My sincere thanks to all the women who made National Cancer Survivors Day such a big success. It was very well presented. I was surprised that more survivors didn't show up.
Also, thanks to all the young Hawaiian dancers who gave their time to do several dances. This entertainment was presented by City Studio dancers.
Being a cancer survivor of 17 years, I have just spent my first year in Cape Girardeau. I look forward to next year.
Thanks again to all who helped make May 1 a memorable day.
DELORES SCHMITT MANTOS