- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Howard W. Geile, 86, of Perryville, Mo., died Friday, May 21, 2004, at his home.
He was born July 18, 1917, in Silver Lake, Mo., son of Theodore and Alice French Geile. He and Mary Ann Henneke were married June 17, 1944. She died March 28, 1995.
Geile was a self-employed bricklayer and farmer. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, as well as American Legion Post 133 and VFW Post 4282. He was an Army veteran of World War II, spending most of his tour of duty in the Aleutian Islands.
Survivors include two sons, Kenny Geile and Joe Geile, both of Perryville; and three daughters, Pat Eschenbrenner of Silver Lake, Mo., Sharon Eschenbrenner of Perryville and Carolyn Geile of St. Louis; five grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel, and from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Monday. Parish wake will be at 7 p.m. today.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.