- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jewell W. Perry, 84, of Cape Girardeau, died Friday, May 21, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center following an extended illness. She was formerly of Scott City.
She was born Jan. 2, 1920, in Burkburnett, Texas, to the late John R. and Caroline Knight Williams. She grew up in the home of her foster parents, Thomas L. and Mona Hodges in Samos, Mo. She graduated from Charleston High School and attended Southeast Missouri State University and then taught school in rural Mississippi County. In her later years, she and her husband, Fred Perry, owned and operated the southern district franchise of ServiceMaster in Cape Girardeau until retirement.
She was a member of Christian Faith Fellowship Church in Cape Girardeau.
She first married Clyde Smoot. He preceded her in death in 1976. She married Fred Perry at Paris, Tenn. He died Oct. 4, 1986.
Survivors include a brother, Jack Williams of Florida; a foster brother, James Curtis Hodges of Sikeston, Mo.; and three stepsons, Don, Aaron and Dennis Perry.
There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be Monday, May 24, 2004, at 11 a.m. at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery and Mausoleum, with the Rev. Mark Carbaugh of the Christian Faith Fellowship Church in Cape Girardeau officiating.
The family requests in lieu of flowers donations be made to her church, Christian Faith Fellowship, 4250 State Highway K, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.
Ford & Sons Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.