- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Missouri jobless rate falls again
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Missouri's unemployment rate dropped in April, according to figures released Friday.
Missouri's unemployment rate fell from 5 percent in March to 4.7 percent last month, better than the national rate of 5.6 percent.
The state has gained 34,600 jobs in the past year, Bill Niblack, a research manager for the Department of Economic Development, said.
All major industries saw gains in April except construction, which was down about 1,000 jobs for the month but still up for the year, Niblack said. The leisure and hospitality sector increased by 7,000 jobs, professional and business services was up 3,900 and manufacturing gained 2,500.