- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Caseline Morris, 74, of Charleston died Wednesday, May 19, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 6, 1929, in Charleston, daughter of Gus and Lou Birda Bailey Barnes. She married Harvey Morris, who died in 1976.
Morris was a kindergarten teacher 37 years with Charleston School District. She was a member of Mercy Seat Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Larry Morris of Cairo, Ill., Michael Morris of Sikeston, Mo.; a sister, Sarah Crawford; a brother, Gus Barnes; stepmother, Alice Barnes; four grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Mercy Seat Baptist Church from 3 p.m. today until time of service.
The funeral will be at 4 p.m. today at the church, with the Rev. J.L. Posey officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery.
Williams Funeral Home in Charleston is in charge of arrangements.