- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ORAN, Mo. -- Berniece Edna Blattel, 83, of Oran died Thursday, May 20, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 3, 1920, at Morley, Mo., daughter of Jess and Blanche Williams Kirby. She and Ray B. Blattel were married May 8, 1943.
Mrs. Blattel retired as a machine operator at Oran Hat Factory. She was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church and its St. Ann Sodality.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Steve Blattel of Kingwood, Texas; two daughters, Margaret Blattel of Oran, Bonita Blattel of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Dixie Urhahn of Benton, Mo.; and two grandchildren, Stacey and Lindsay Blattel.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Claude and Clifford Kirby, and a sister, Cleta Pattengill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Guardian Angel Church, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Cemetery.