- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)33
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Vaccine mercury is still a concern
To the editor:
In view of the fact that the Institute of Medicine has just shirked its responsibility by exonerating thimerosal (merthiolate) and mumps-measles-rubella vaccines, it is particularly important to keep fighting to get the mercury out of vaccines.
It is scandalous how a few people who know nothing about autism or the effects of mercury can keep a substance hidden in vaccines that, as a topical antiseptic, has long been taken off the shelves in pharmacies.
The amount of mercury being injected in babies is enough to cause harm. Whether this harm is autism or some other future disability is irrelevant. I am disturbed that there is so little known about the most dangerous poison known to man. I have researched the subject since 2001. I have collected information on it in my Web page:
Palo Alto, Calif.