- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Religion calendar 5/22
Cumberland Quartet will perform at 7 p.m. at First United Methodist Church of Anna, Ill. Seating is available for 250; call (618) 833-2234 for ticket information.
New Beginning Quartet will sing during the 10:40 a.m. service at Patton United Methodist Church in Patton, Mo. The group will perform again at 1:30 p.m.
Memorial service at 11 a.m. at Barks Chapel in Crump. The speaker will be Frank Shanks. A covered-dish dinner will follow the service.
Pleasant Hill day service at 11 a.m. at Pleasant Hill Church near Fruitland. Guest speaker will be the Rev. Tom Bass, a retired Presbyterian minister. The Men of Westminster will perform. There will be a basket dinner after the service.
Patriotic concert at 4 p.m. at St. Andrew Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau. The choir will perform several patriotic songs, a brass quartet will perform and veterans will be recognized. The event is free.
Concert at 6 p.m. at Hooe Baptist Church near Oran with Bill and Laurie Sky of Nashville, Tenn., and Vicki Young. The Skys perform traditional acoustic music.
Young at Hearts meets at 11 a.m. at First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Christ Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau will hold a cooking class at 1 p.m., featuring pie crusts and three varieties of pies: coconut cream, chocolate and cherry. The class will be taught by Glenda Crosno and Tana McLaird. There is a minimal fee for the class. Call Crosno at 651-3770 to register.
-- From staff reports