- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jim and Debbie Matthews of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Jennie Matthews, to Ryan Beltz. He is the son of Jeff and Laura Beltz of Oak Ridge.
Matthews is a 2000 graduate of Jackson High School, and is pursuing a degree in public relations from Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed at the university and at Rogers Jewelers.
Beltz is a 1999 graduate of Jackson High School, and is pursuing a degree in construction management and drafting at Southeast. He is employed by Brad Beussink Construction Inc.
A June 19 wedding is planned at Deerfield Lodge.