- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Gladys T. Wheeler, 92, of Mounds died Monday, May 17, 2004, at Daystar Nursing Home in Cairo, Ill.
She was born Aug. 25, 1911, in Obion, Tenn., daughter of Ross Vincent and Inez Goad Terry. She and Matthew Edward Wheeler were married Jan. 23, 1933.
Wheeler worked at the GM&O Railroad during World War II.
Survivors include three daughters, Virginia Craciun of Norristown, Pa., twins Christine Garner of Mounds and Cathleen Dunn of Avon, Ind.; and a grandson.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a brother.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, and Saturday after 9 a.m. at Cairo Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with Dr. Larry Potts officiating. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Cemetery at Mounds.