- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Ona Kelso, 93, of Advance died Monday, May 17, 2004, at Missouri Southern Health Care Center in Dexter, Mo.
She was born Oct. 15, 1910, at Bell City, Mo., daughter of Perry and Bertie Bollinger Hickerson. She married Harvey Thompson, who died July 29, 1961. She and Oral Kelso were married in May 1964. He also preceded her in death.
Kelso was a member of Order of Eastern Star in Bloomfield, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Bob Thompson of Bell City; a brother, Joe Jennings of St. Louis; two sisters, Frieda Jennings of Bloomfield, Marie Jennings of Shreveport, La.; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, a brother and three sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery at Bell City.