- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Alvin "Si" Walton, 85, of Cape Girardeau, died Sunday, May 16, 2004, at the Life Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 26, 1918, at Farmington, Mo., son of Charlie and Emily Cummings Walton. He and Emma Graden were married June 2, 1951, at Cape Girardeau. She died Aug. 26, 1990.
Walton was employed at Superior Electric Co. for 40 years and was a member of the Evangelical United Church of Christ at Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Gordon Walton of Jackson; a brother, Calvin Walton of Cape Girardeau; and two sisters, Madge Friese of Cape Girardeau and Ivy Allen of Arnold, Mo.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Randy Heckman and Ernest Jordan officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery at Cape Girardeau.