- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Diana Marie Steele, 43, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, May 12, 2004, at her home.
She was born Sept. 24, 1960, at Branson, Mo., daughter of Benton Leon and Dorothy Mae Selsor Craig.
Steele was a 1978 graduate of Branson High School. She was a registered nurse. Steele pursued an interest in genealogy and history research and worked at Southeast Missouri State University in the history department.
Survivors include her mother of Branson; two sons, Brian and Adam Steele of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Phillip Craig of Virginia Beach, Va., Steven Craig of Branson; and a sister, Nancy Marti of Lamar, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Derek Swanson officiating. Graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Mountain Grove Cemetery at Branson.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mary's of the Barrens, Attn: Retired Confreres Fund, 1701 W. St. Joseph St., Perryville, Mo. 63775-1599.