- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sports briefs 5/17/04
Sammy Sosa felt a bit sheepish while explaining why he wasn't able to play Sunday against the San Diego Padres. He sneezed twice shortly after arriving in the clubhouse before the game, which brought on back spasms and forced him to grab a chair to support himself. While his Chicago Cubs teammates were out beating the Padres 4-2 for a three-game sweep, Sosa spent the afternoon in the trainer's room receiving treatment.
Top-ranked Roger Federer won the Hamburg Masters, beating Guillermo Coria 4-6, 6-4, 6-2, 6-3 to end the Argentine's 31-match winning streak on clay. Federer captured this title for the second time in three years. Coria, the defending champion who was seeded second to Federer, had a clay-court winning streak dating to the 2003 French Open semifinals.
-- From wire reports