- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Business memo 05/17/04
Buchheit awarded as Carhartt retailer
Carhartt, a manufacturer of men's work and outdoor wear, recently presented Buchheit with the Hamilton Carhartt Retailer of Excellence Award. Buchheit was one of seven retailers to receive an honor from the manufacturer out of 5,000 candidates.
Government contracting seminar set for June
The University of Missouri Extension Office recently announced that a seminar will be held in Jackson to teach area business people about applying for and obtaining federal, state and local government contracting opportunities.
Morris Hudson, state director of the Missouri Procurement Technical Assistance Centers, will conduct the seminar in the University of Missouri Extension Center at 684 W. Jackson Trail on June 30. He will provide information on basic procurement policies and procedures, how to get registered with the government and how to find government bidding opportunities. The seminar will run from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., with individual counseling being scheduled afterward. For more information or to register, call 243-3581.
-- From staff reports