- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
People on the move 05/17/04
Cape broker receives sales award for 2003
Tom Kelsey of Cape Girardeau recently received the Realtor's Award of Excellence designation for 2003. As a broker with Lorimont Place Ltd., Kelsey produced a multimillion-dollar volume for Missouri property sold and leased during the year. He qualified for the Pinnacle Level unassisted award, which is over $5 million in annual production.
Cape accountant goes to national meeting
Bill Schott, managing partner of Schott & Van de Ven Certified Public Accountants in Cape Girardeau, recently attended the national Chief Executive Network's Accounting Firm Owners and Partner Group meeting in Atlanta. The two-day event focused on innovations for small and midsized companies, such as e-filing, year-end statistics, partner responsibility, implementing retreat ideas and criteria for admission of a new partner.
-- From staff reports