- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson was the setting March 27, 2004, for the wedding of Courtni Brooke Yount and Joshua Heath Stephens. The Rev. Denny Lumas performed the ceremony. Soloist was Pat Blackwell, accompanied by Joe Blackwell on bass and Beverly Reese on piano. Harpist was Chadie Fruehwald.
The bride is the daughter of Lynn and Linda Yount of Jackson. The groom is the son of Jill Collins of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Cristi Stitz of Los Angeles, Calif. Bridesmaids were Diana Bartosik of St. Louis, Marla Ashby, Meg Davis and Summer Riney, all of Cape Girardeau. Junior bridesmaid was Alicia Arnold of Cape Girardeau.
Jay Rue of St. Louis was best man. Groomsmen were Blake Yount of Arnold, Mo., brother of the bride; Lance LaFont of Memphis, Tenn., Trey Curtis of Cape Girardeau, and Jeremy Mabrey of Scott City. Ushers were John Dennis and Chris Gibbs of Cape Girardeau.
Candlelighters were Baili Dickens of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., and Olivia Motsinger of Poplar Bluff, Mo., cousins of the bride.
Junior bride was Allison McDowell of Fredericktown, Mo., cousin of the bride. Flower girl was Madison Chaptman of Arnold. Ringbearers were Wade and Wesley Dickens of Ste. Genevieve, cousins of the bride.
Rachael Schlosser of Cape Girardeau attended the guest book. Greeters were Jennifer Dennis of Cape Girardeau, Leslie Stephens of Fredericktown, and Kelli Yount of Millersville.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The groom hosted the rehearsal dinner March 26 at Southeast Missouri State University's Dempster Hall.
Mrs. Stephens is a 1997 graduate of Jackson High School. She expects to graduate in May 2005 from Southeast, where she is majoring in corporate communications. She is employed at Rodney Arnold Homes in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 1991 graduate of Central High School. He is employed in corporate business sales at Cingular Wireless in Cape Girardeau.
After a wedding trip to Hawaii, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.