- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Marissa Katherine Tilley and Aaron Todd Shoaf were married Jan. 17, 2004, at Cape Bible Chapel. Dan Greene performed the ceremony. Organist, pianist and soloist was Shane Steck, and trumpeter was Patrick Stewart, both of Cape Girardeau.
Parents of the couple are Harold and Carla Tilley of Cape Girardeau, and Larry and Betty Shoaf of Jackson.
The bride was presented in marriage by her father.
Kristin Tallent of Huntsville, Ala., was maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Lisa Essmyer of Columbia, Mo., sister of the groom; Nicole Roth of Kansas City, Mo., and Liz Moore of Cape Girardeau.
Best men were Keith Essmyer of Columbia, Jason Bandermann of Cape Girardeau, Brad Beckam of Bridgeton, Mo., and Ken Bowman of Milan, Tenn. Ushers were Blake Tilley of Brentwood, Mo., and Bryan Tilley of Paducah, Ky., brothers of the bride.
Members of the U.S. Marine Corps performing the sword detail were 1st Lts. Larcell Armstrong and Paul Pfifer of Meridian, Miss., Sarah Stokes of Twentynine Palms, Calif., Matt Hoffman of Boston, Mass., Sam Rosales of San Clemente, Calif., and Paul Weber of Sacramento, Calif.
Candlelighters were Amy Tilley of Brentwood and Deanna Tilley of Paducah, sisters-in-law of the bride.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Aubree and Trevor Tilley of Paducah, niece and nephew of the bride.
Johanna Gordon attended the guest book.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner at Dexter Bar-B-Que.
Mrs. Shoaf is a graduate of Central High School and received a bachelor of science degree in physical education. She is a physical education teacher and track coach with East Prairie School District in East Prairie, Mo.
The groom is a graduate of Jackson High School and of Union University in Tennessee. He is an intelligence officer in the U.S. Marine Corps and is currently serving in Iraq, with a permanent duty station in Southern California.
The couple will reside in California.