- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Elizabeth Daugherty, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, May 12, 2004, at Chateau Girardeau.
She was born May 4, 1907, at Clarkton, Mo., daughter of Ira Bragg and Polly Graham Tatum. She and Raymond Dale "Tim" Daugherty were married June 5, 1929, at Clarkton. He died May 8, 1984.
Daugherty was a graduate of Clarkton High School and a 1927 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. She was a teacher at Clarkton Schools.
She was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau and PEO Sisterhood Chapter HU at Kennett, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Tim Daugherty of Escondido, Calif.; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, a sister, and a brother.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Oak Ridge Cemetery in Kennett. Paul Kabo Jr. will officiate.
Landess Funeral Home at Malden, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.