- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Hulda Rebecca Huckstep, 99, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, May 13, 2004, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born July 22, 1904, in Jackson, daughter of William and Elizabeth Slaughter Loenneke. She married Jesse Huckstep, who preceded her in death.
Huckstep lived in Cape Girardeau County all her life, and was a cook at Sunny Hill Restaurant. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church at Tilsit.
Survivors include a son, John Huckstep of LaGrange, Ga.; six grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and 11 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter and two brothers.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Don Reder officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery at Jackson.