- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CAIRO, Ill. -- Henry W. Johnson, 72, of Cairo died Monday, May 10, 2004, at his home.
He was born Nov. 16, 1931, at Wyatt, Mo., son of Redmond and Mary Cobb Johnson. He married Mary Jones.
Johnson was employed by Swift Co., Mae Flowler Lumber Co., Burkart Manufacturing, and Alexander County.
Survivors include his wife; six daughters, Shirley Kent, Sharon and Thelma Johnson of Carbondale, Ill., Jeanette Springer of Kankakee, Ill., Marlene Johnson of Future City, Ill., Ladonna Johnson of Cairo; three sons, Rodney Johnson of Carbondale, Cletus Johnson of Hodges Park, Ill., Cornelius Johnson of Cairo; a brother, Fred Johnson Sr. of Cairo; a sister, Luella Barber of Cairo; 13 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Full Gospel Church in Future City after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the church, with Fred Johnson officiating. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Memorial Park in Mounds, Ill.
Williams Funeral Home of Charleston, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.