- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
FROHNA, Mo. -- Marie Rose Klugman, 53, of Des Moines, Iowa, died Sunday, May 9, 2004, at Taylor Hospice House in Des Moines.
She was born May 25, 1950, at Frohna, daughter of Theophil and Hattie Popp. She was raised in the Frohna area.
Marie was an award-winning professor of statistics at Drake University, and held degrees in geography and mathematics.
A graduate of Valparaiso University, she served the local Guild chapter and on the National Alumni Board. She served Zion Lutheran Church in many capacities, including a term as congregation president. She was also a board member of the Salvation Army.
Marie loved reading, gardening, walking, the environment, her family, and her Lord.
Survivors include her husband, Stuart; two sons, David and Philip Klugman, all of Des Moines; and a sister, Marge Popp of Phoenix, Ariz.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
A memorial service was held Thursday at Zion Lutheran Church in Des Moines.
Hamilton's Funeral Home in Des Moines was in charge of arrangements.