- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Music endeavor will bring pride
To the editor:
I want to thank all of you for your coverage of the community recording of Kevin Danzig's "The Great Mississippi." Kevin, who has been reading online coverage of the project in the Southeast Missourian, has been overwhelmed with the positive public response. We are both aware that your coverage has raised public awareness and bolstered the credibility of the effort.
I think this is an endeavor that will be a source of pride for Cape Girardeau. Thank you so much for your support.