- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Close Environmental Consultants has relocated from 106 Farrar Drive, Suite 101, to Suite 108 in the same building.
Hempies has moved from 110 Themis St. to the former My Daddy's Cheesecake building at 111 Main St. The owner is Sean Wibbenmeyer.
Cathy's Hair Supply has moved from 35 N. Main St. to 519 Broadway. The owner is Cathy Noe.
Perfumes on Broadway has opened at 520 Broadway. The owner is Shamica Stilley.
Kenco Enterprises, a masonry and pavement business, has opened at 2525 Highway 177.
Thorngate Slack Outlet Store has relocated from 637 Broadway to the corner of Sprigg and Independence. The manager is Scot LeGrand.
The Red Geranium Studio and Gallery, owned by local artists Glenda Manche and Joan Robbins, has opened in Suites 103 and 104 of the Russell Hotel and Cafe at 200 E. Commercial St.
Lix Frozen Custard has opened in the former Holmes Tomboy building at the corner of North Washington and Hillsboro Road.
Around the Corner Gift Shop has opened at 14 S. Jackson St. The owner is Lisa Williams.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites at Maple Valley will open near the end of May. Ryan McClain is the manager.
The High Street Center building at 130 S. High St., which houses several businesses, has been bought by Alan and Janey Foust from Bob Adams and John Johannes.
New members of the Chamber of Commerce are Advance America Cash Advance, American Red Cross, Cash Depot, Hanners Wholesale & Retail, Silver Hills Guest Ranch, Sparkman Auto Sales, TLC Wellness.
Victorian Gift Shoppe has been purchased by Nancy Steward. The business is in North Town Plaza at 1108 N. Douglass.
Factory Direct Portable Buildings has opened on Highway 91. The owner is Rick Irwin.
Lazy Days Country Store has opened at 1418 Main St. The owner is Ashley Bollinger.
Lil Mama Grizz's Auction has opened at 1414 Main St. The owner is Beth Gibson.
Morlan Dodge has relocated to 1110 S. Main St.
Riggs Wholesale Co. has relocated to 931 Compress Road.
Hale and Hillis Rentals has opened at 710 Maude Ave. The owners are Rodney Hale, Phyllis Hale, Sherry Hillis and Phillip Hillis.
The First National Bank has changed its name to Montgomery Bank. The founder of the bank is Joel Montgomery Sr.
Papin Photography has opened at 123 Merchant St. The owner is Dave Papin.
Inkleined to Stamp has relocated to 123 Merchant St. The owner is Pam Klein.