- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
New truck terminal in Cape
Southern Illinois Motor Xpress is putting a new terminal in the Cape Girardeau area. The trucking company, based in Cutler, Ill., has leased the land at 1716 E. Interstate 55 Outer Road, across from the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, from Gene Rhodes' Seven Thirty Inc.
Tom Kelsey of Lorimont Place Ltd., who handled the transaction, said the new facility consists of an office building and about 2.5 acres of fenced space for truck parking. The company is already doing contract hauling with several area companies, including Lone Star Industries.