- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area sports digest 5/10/04
Welker gets hole in one at Kimbeland C.C.
Kevin Welker carded his first career hole in one on Saturday at Kimbeland Country Club.
Welker used a 7-iron to ace No. 12, a par 3 playing 150 yards. Scott Hume witnessed the shot.
Eftink is medalist at Cape Country Club
Mary Jane Eftink was the medalist in the Cape Girardeau Country Club ladies competition on Thursday.
Play of the day was "best 9-18 holes." Mary Alice Regenhardt finished first; Mary Ellen Bean and Deb Mealy tied for second and Mary Jane Eftink and Mary Sue Layton tied for fourth.
In "best 9-9 holes," Sue Gerecke was first and Jean Mabrey finished second.
Long earns honors at Kimbeland
Vicki Long was the medalist in the Kimbeland Country Club ladies league on Thursday.
In the play of the day, "best nine," Long won the championship flight, Dorothy Holland won the A flight, Joellen Haas won the B flight and Elwanda Seabaugh won the C flight.
-- From staff reports