- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
People on the move 05/10/04
Coldwell Hamilton agents honored for 2003 salesAgents with Coldwell Banker Hamilton Realty were recently honored for their sales in 2003. Sandy Helwege earned top honors for 2003 sales, exceeding $5 million. David Kieffer sold over $3 million, and Harriet Drusch and Sharon Gill both sold over $2 million each. In addition, Gill and Jerry Wilson were named Rookies of the Year by exceeding $1 million in the first year.
Cape woman named to special society
Jayne Schrader of Cape Girardeau, a financial associate with Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, has earned the honor of membership in the Million Dollar Round Table, an international association of leading life insurance and financial services professionals.
Cape Girardeau graduate nets job as city planner
Lisa Pool, a 1991 Cape Girardeau Central High School graduate, has recently been hired as city planner for Liberty, Mo.
Edward Jones rep honored at forum
Tom Novak was one of 60 investment representatives honored at a business management forum in St. Louis. Novak, the Jackson investment representative for Edward Jones, was recognized for demonstrating excellent business management skills.
Ashland broker wins Award of Excellence
Doris Jean Arnold, broker associate with Century 21 Ashland Realty of Cape Girardeau has won the Award of Excellence for the Cape Girardeau County Board of Realtors. The award recognizes her for achieving over $5 million in sales for the past year.
Audiologist receives education award
At the recent Missouri Hearing Society educational conference in St. Louis, Dan Shandy received the Gold Award for Outstanding Educational Achievement for 2003. Shandy is an audiologist and a hearing instrument specialist with America's Best Center for Hearing Aids in Cape Girardeau.
Bank announces promotion, appointmentCommerce Bank recently announced the addition of a Cape Girardeau man, and the promotion of another. Clint Karnes has been promoted to senior vice president of the local bank, and Richard Kennard has been appointed to the bank's board of directors for the Cape Girardeau region. Kennard is currently vice president and general manager of Coad Chevrolet.
Dickmann promoted to VP at First Bank
Brian Dickmann was recently promoted to senior vice president, special assets manager of the Midwest and Texas at First Bank. The Kirkwood, Mo., resident is the son of Homer and Wanda Dickmann of Cape Girardeau.
-- From staff reports