- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson boy wins second for dental essay
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Josh Sellers of Jackson won second place in the Missouri Dental Association's Children's Dental Health Month Essay contest. Sellers, a student at Immaculate Conception School, received a $50 gift certificate to Wal-Mart and a $50 savings bond, donated by Central Bank of Jefferson City.
Fifth-grade students across the state participated in the essay contest, writing on topics including the effects of soda consumption on oral health, the effects of tobacco products on oral health, oral piercings, and the importance of mouthguards. Margie Kunze of the Missouri Dental Association coordinated the contest.
For more information about the MDA Children's Dental Health Month Essay Contest or other MDA activities, call the MDA at (573) 634-3436.