- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Military digest 5/10/04
Reunions planned for signal battalion
The 97th Signal Battalion Association will hold annual reunions in 2004 and 2005. Michael Taptick, association secretary, announced the next reunion is to be held today through Saturday in San Antonio, Texas. The 2005 reunion is scheduled for April or May of that year. Signal Battalion members and their families are invited to attend. For more information and details, write: Secretary, 97th Signal Battalion Association, 3 High Ridge Circle, Uncasville, Conn., 06382; call (860) 848-0895; or e-mail Mike97th@myeastern.com. Further information is available at www.triedand true.org.
Dewrock prepared for troop support
Marine Corps Pfc. Darin J. Dewrock, son of Vicki M. and Gary D. Dewrock of Cape Girardeau, recently completed the Small Arms Repair Course at the U.S. Army's Proving Ground in Aberdeen, Md. During the course, Dewrock learned how to operate, inspect, maintain and repair various weapons. Dewrock also studied how to prepare weapons for shipment and storage, and related safety precautions. With his newly acquired skills, Dewrock is now ready to work at a military base armory, providing weapons support to troops deploying for exercises and operations.
USS Long Beach group plans fall reunion
A 2004 reunion of the USS Long Beach CGN-9 Association Inc. will take place in San Antonio, Texas, Sept. 13 through 19 at the Hilton San Antonio Airport, 611 NW Loop 410. For reservations, call (877) 377-7227. For more information, contact president Don Shade at (866) 352-2469 or e-mail LBCGN9@ aol.com. More information is on the Web at www.usslong beach-assoc.org.
Stuart returns from trip to Persian Gulf
Petty Officer 2nd Class Amanda Stuart, 22, daughter of Harold and Becky Hyden of Jackson, recently returned from her second deployment in the Persian Gulf. In January she was deployed again on board the USS Boxer, part of the Operation Iraqi Freedom rotation of forces. Stuart is a photographer who operates video equipment on a variety of assignments on board the USS Boxer. Stuart is a 2000 graduate of Jackson High School.
-- From staff reports