- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
There may well be nothing quite as calming as a sunny day and a shady grove of trees where you hear the happy sounds of birds and see the dappled light falling on cool ground.
Now imagine that setting as the location of a home; that's exactly the description for the house at 2540 Ridge Road in Jackson. Though the home is situated just off the road, the trees that surround it set it a world apart.
The exterior, with its warm wood and brick tones, blends in easily with the surroundings. The yard is neatly and simply landscaped, yet the mature trees give it a woodsy feel.
Inside the home, wood continues to tie the structure to its environment. The foyer has a hardwood floor and a simple but elegant oak banister climbs to the upstairs.
Though this house has a woodsy feel, it has amenities that promote comfort. The formal dining room has plush, light beige carpeting. Grapevine wallpaper and a border continue nature's theme.
The kitchen has warm, oak cabinets with antique brass and porcelain pulls. Convenient pull-out drawers in the pantry make canned and boxed foods easily accessible. An appliance garage allows small appliances to be stored out of sight, but at the reach of a hand. The kitchen has all modern amenities and appliances, including a double stainless steel sink with a window above it, a range with built-in microwave oven above, a side-by-side refrigerator with in-door drink and ice dispenser, a dishwasher and garbage disposal. An eat-in kitchen area is situated next to a sliding patio door with a wonderful screened-in deck. This deck has lattice-work walls and a ceiling fan for stirring the summer air. The design of the deck allows it to be an outdoor room and great spot for summertime entertaining. Steps lead to a brick and concrete patio beneath.
The living room also has plush, light beige carpet with large and welcoming wood-framed casement windows. Two sets of the casement windows flank either side of the brick wood-burning fireplace. French doors lead to the deck. The result is that plenty of natural light shines in the room.
Other amenities on the main floor include a half bath just steps from the kitchen, a large pantry closet and two-car garage.
Upstairs are three of the home's four bedrooms. The master bedroom has large casement windows, a large walk-in closet and a master bath with a shell-shaped sink and oak cabinetry. This bathroom has a tub/shower area and large vanity mirror.
Another bathroom upstairs also has been tastefully decorated, and provides convenience for the other two bedrooms located upstairs. One of the bedrooms is currently used as an office. Both have plenty of closet space and windows for an abundance of natural light.
This home also has a finished basement, also neutrally decorated with light plush carpeting and light paneled walls. A large downstairs room is perfect as a family entertainment area. Another room could add a bedroom to the home. Plenty of storage space is available, and an exit to the home's rear offers a measure of safety. A door from the entertainment area exits to the home's downstairs screened-in porch.