- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Louis Wayne Bauer, 60, of Jonesboro died Thursday, May 6, 2004, at his home.
He was born Feb. 27, 1944, in Anna, Ill., son of Fred and Louise Ellis Bauer. He and Carole Russell were married Nov. 7, 1964, in Ware, Ill.
Bauer was a boilermaker, retiring from Chicago Bridge and Iron. He then worked part time for Union County Highway Department and served on the board of the A-J Water Commission.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Neely Ashby of Paris, Tenn., Jamie Bauer of Anna; his mother of Jonesboro; a brother, Steve Bauer of Anna; a sister, Teresa Bauer of Anna; and three grandsons.
He was preceded in death by his father and a son.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Doug Bridgeman officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.