- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Louis Wayne Bauer, 60, of Jonesboro died Thursday, May 6, 2004, at his home.
He was born Feb. 27, 1944, in Anna, Ill., son of Fred and Louise Ellis Bauer. He and Carole Russell were married Nov. 7, 1964, in Ware, Ill.
Bauer was a boilermaker, retiring from Chicago Bridge and Iron. He then worked part time for Union County Highway Department and served on the board of the A-J Water Commission.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Neely Ashby of Paris, Tenn., Jamie Bauer of Anna; his mother of Jonesboro; a brother, Steve Bauer of Anna; a sister, Teresa Bauer of Anna; and three grandsons.
He was preceded in death by his father and a son.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Doug Bridgeman officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.