- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Ressels married 40 years
Mr. and Mrs. Jerome J. Ressel of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary May 2, 2004, with a dinner and reception at St. Mary's parish gym.
Hosts were their daughters, Denise Pittman of Cape Girardeau, Brenda Lewis of Jackson, and Teresa Ressel of Park Hills, Mo.
Ressel and Dorothy L. Steimle were married May 2, 1964, at St. Mary's Cathedral, by the Rev. Raymond Kunkel. Their attendants were Mary Loos, Ann Hinton, Betty Landre, Leonard Diebold, Wilfred and James Ressel.
The couple has two grandchildren.