- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
America was built on small-town values with neighbors pitching in to take care of neighbors, parades to celebrate the big moments of a town's life. and houses with front porches.
That small-town life is the setting for the house at 816 E. Olive St. in Scott City. The house is nestled in a quiet neighborhood built on a hill. Though it's less than 2 years old, it fits in well with the terrain. Its beige vinyl siding is low maintenance yet classic in its style.
Brass lanterns on each side of the two-car garage reiterate the property's classic charm.
The entrance door is white with frosted decorative glass. Inside, neutral colors, including beige Berber carpeting and cream-colored walls, make the home easy to decorate. Large windows throughout the house welcome natural light.
The living room and dining areas adjoin, with French-style sliding patio doors opening to a small patio. The dining area features a handsome pewter and opaque glass chandelier.
The kitchen has easy-to-clean light beige ceramic floors and warm oak cabinets with brass pulls. Hunter green countertops add a dash of color. The kitchen features modern white appliances, including a smooth-top range, built-in microwave and side-by-side refrigerator with indoor drink and ice dispenser.
A double stainless-steel sink has a generous window above it for a cheery outdoors view. The kitchen also includes a small breakfast nook area.
Near the kitchen is the main-level laundry room and a half bath. A very neat two-car garage is also an asset for this home.
Upstairs are three of the home's four bedrooms. An open staircase accentuates the feeling of space in the home. Each of the bedrooms has large windows for an abundance of natural light, a ceiling fan and roomy closets.
One of the bedrooms also has an adjoining alcove area, perfect for a children's playroom or upstairs entertainment area. An example of a clever use of space is a Jack-and-Jill walk-in closet that connects two of the bedrooms.
The master bedroom has a large double window and bath with a separate vanity area, a double sink vanity and nearby walk-in closet. This bathroom also has a separate toilet and shower/tub area with ceramic-tile floor.
The home is available for viewing through Thomas Meyer Realty in Cape Girardeau.