- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Kristin Denise House and Brian Eugene Pender were married Oct. 11, 2003, at First Baptist Church in Jackson. The Rev. Ed Carter performed the ceremony. Soloist was the groom's father, Jim Pender.
Parents of the bride are Michael and Cheri House of Jackson. The groom is the son of Jim and Rhonda Pender of Benton, Mo., and Clara Pender of Scott City.
Maid of honor was Emily Wessell of Jackson. Bridesmaid was Tracey House of Jackson, sister of the bride. Junior bridesmaid was Amanda McCauley of Blytheville, Ark., cousin of the bride.
Aaron Pender of Benton was his brother's best man. Groomsman was Chad Pender of Cape Girardeau, brother of the groom. Ushers were Allen and Barry Pender and Robert Diemond.
Candlelighters were April Pender of Scott City, sister of the groom, and Kyle Pender of Patton, Mo., cousin of the groom.
Flower girls were Abigail McCauley of Blytheville, cousin of the bride, and Melissa Diemond of St. Peters, cousin of the groom.
Kristy Biri attended the guest book. Programs were handed out by Shelly Holzum, Ronna Cook and Anna Gourdin.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the American Legion Hall in Jackson. Servers were Angie and Elisha Patterson and Debbie Pardue.
Jim and Rhonda Pender hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 10 at Delmonico's in Jackson.
Mrs. Pender is pursuing a degree in social work at Southeast Missouri State University.
The groom is employed at the Lutheran Home.
After a wedding trip to Gatlinburg, Tenn., the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.