- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
NEW HAMBURG, Mo. -- John M. Kuss, 72, of Sodus, Mich., died Tuesday, April 27, 2004, at his home.
He was born March 27, 1932, in New Hamburg, son of John M. and Frances Theresa Einsell Kuss Sr. He and Ofilia "Ofie" Abella were married in 1960.
Kuss attended Southeast Missouri State University and the University of Missouri-Columbia, receiving a degree in electrical engineering.
He was an electrical engineer 19 years with Whirlpool Corp.
He served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean Conflict.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Jack Kuss of Bridgman, Mich.; two daughters, Mary Griswold of Newaygo, Mich., Maggie Maguigad of Darien, Ill.; a brother, Edward Kuss of Victoria, Texas; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and four sisters.
Friends may call at Kerley-Starks and Menchinger Family Funeral Home in St. Joseph, Mich., from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Jacobs Jr. officiating. Burial will be in Mount Pleasant Cemetery in Sodus.
Announcement courtesy of Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel in Cape Girardeau.