- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Missouri taking steps on vaccine
To the editor:
House Bill 852 in Missouri would take a big step toward making childhood vaccines safer by forcing the pharmaceutical industry to stop using mercury as a preservative. The influenza vaccine recommended for all children has 25 micrograms of this highly toxic substance and should be illegal.
Physicians and physician groups will attempt to frighten legislators and parents into thinking that this bill will harm children's health. This is untrue. We manufacture and administer vaccines in a way which is expedient and profitable but not in the best interests of the health of our children.
Congratulations on being one of the first states in America to deal effectively with this difficult issue.
DR. JAY GORDON
Santa Monica, Calif.