- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Missouri taking steps on vaccine
To the editor:
House Bill 852 in Missouri would take a big step toward making childhood vaccines safer by forcing the pharmaceutical industry to stop using mercury as a preservative. The influenza vaccine recommended for all children has 25 micrograms of this highly toxic substance and should be illegal.
Physicians and physician groups will attempt to frighten legislators and parents into thinking that this bill will harm children's health. This is untrue. We manufacture and administer vaccines in a way which is expedient and profitable but not in the best interests of the health of our children.
Congratulations on being one of the first states in America to deal effectively with this difficult issue.
DR. JAY GORDON
Santa Monica, Calif.