- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Missouri taking steps on vaccine
To the editor:
House Bill 852 in Missouri would take a big step toward making childhood vaccines safer by forcing the pharmaceutical industry to stop using mercury as a preservative. The influenza vaccine recommended for all children has 25 micrograms of this highly toxic substance and should be illegal.
Physicians and physician groups will attempt to frighten legislators and parents into thinking that this bill will harm children's health. This is untrue. We manufacture and administer vaccines in a way which is expedient and profitable but not in the best interests of the health of our children.
Congratulations on being one of the first states in America to deal effectively with this difficult issue.
DR. JAY GORDON
Santa Monica, Calif.