- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Southeast golfers finish last in OVC tournament
PADUCAH, Ky. -- Southeast Missouri State University's golf team finished the Ohio Valley Conference tournament just where it started -- in last place.
The Indians, who were 11th among 11 squads for all three days of the 54-hole tournament, finished with a score of 974 at the Country Club of Paducah. That was 23 strokes behind 10th-place Eastern Illinois.
Jacksonville State, a first-year OVC member, won the title at 906. Murray State (910), Eastern Kentucky (918), Austin Peay (926) and Tennessee State (931) rounded out the top five.
Southeast's top finisher was Zack Decker, who tied for 38th at 25-over-par 241. Matt Hillis was 42nd (243), Brian Sheehan tied for 44th (245), Kent Phillips tied for 49th (248) and Mark Schmitz was 54th (251).
Jacksonville State's Nick Mackay and Matias Anselmo tied for medalist honors at 7-over 223.