- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Gary A. Weston 52, of Vienna, Ill., died Saturday at St. Louis University Medical Center.
Weston was born April 14, 1952, at Anna, Ill., son of Edwards "Jiggs" and Christine Aldred Weston. He and Nine E. Whiteside were married Dec. 16, 1972, in Mounds, Ill.
He graduated from Meridian High School in 1970 and retired in 2002 from the Illinois Department of Corrections. He was a member of Cairo Baptist Church and was employed as an international police officer in Kosovo.
Survivors include his wife; his mother; a son, Richard N. Weston of Granite City, Ill.; two daughters, Rachel A. Weston of Honolulu and Elizabeth Weston of Vienna; two brothers, Ben Weston of Vienna and Ed Weston of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Melinda White of Austin, Texas; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Bailey Funeral Home in Vienna and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at Gilead Church near Simpson, Ill.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the church. Burial will be in Gilead Cemetery.