- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Some responses to Speak Out
To the editor:
Here are some random thoughts for Speak Out participants:
The Missouri Legislature didn't pass a new tax on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and Kansas City Star. It ended a sales-tax credit.
Calling state Rep. Jason Crowell "out of control" and state Rep. Rod Jetton, a former U.S. Marine, a "threat to our country and freedom " is just absurd.
What makes anyone conclude that everyone in favor of keeping the Southeast Missouri State University Indian as a mascot is a knee-jerk conservative?
As a sixth-generation Missourian, I apologize for what my great-great-great-great-grandparents may have done to the Mormons. I also want monetary reparations from the Egyptians for holding my Jewish ancestors in slavery.
Just which critical countries has President Bush alienated? The ones being indicted in the oil-for-food scandal? The ones that sold illegal weapons to Saddam? Syria, whose citizens were arrested this week in Jordan attempting to detonate an explosive chemical weapon that was estimated to have been able to kill 20,000 people? Or the ones with dictators who are sending insurgents to fight against a free Iraq and blow up little children on their school buses?