- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local priest met Mother Teresa, will attend canonization (8/31/16)
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Wal-Mart theft probe yields drug charges against woman (8/31/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
- Cape police: Illinois union president hit woman in head with rock (8/28/16)3
Time for Bush to come clean
To the editor:
Bob Woodward has raised a number of disturbing questions about President Bush's relationship with the Saudi royal family.
We now know that Bush has a secret deal with the Saudis to influence the November elections by manipulating gas prices -- a deal that is costing Americans at the pump.
If Bush can make deals with OPEC nations to lower gas prices, why isn't he doing it now, while Americans face record prices at the pump, instead of using that influence to manipulate the election? Bush needs to answer other questions about his relationship with Saudi Arabia too, including why he revealed secret war plans to Saudi Prince Bandar before he showed them to Colin Powell.
It's time for Bush to stop the stonewall and come clean about his relationship with the Saudi royal family and the plan to manipulate the elections.