- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Time for Bush to come clean
To the editor:
Bob Woodward has raised a number of disturbing questions about President Bush's relationship with the Saudi royal family.
We now know that Bush has a secret deal with the Saudis to influence the November elections by manipulating gas prices -- a deal that is costing Americans at the pump.
If Bush can make deals with OPEC nations to lower gas prices, why isn't he doing it now, while Americans face record prices at the pump, instead of using that influence to manipulate the election? Bush needs to answer other questions about his relationship with Saudi Arabia too, including why he revealed secret war plans to Saudi Prince Bandar before he showed them to Colin Powell.
It's time for Bush to stop the stonewall and come clean about his relationship with the Saudi royal family and the plan to manipulate the elections.