- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Vial of Life effort is good legacy
To the editor:
Being a friend of Della B. Heise, I would like to add information on her stewardship in the Friends of St. Francis Medical Center. The 1,000 hours accumulated was with the Vial of Life program. However, in August 2001 the Friends of St. Francis relinquished this program, and the St. Francis Medical Center Auxiliary assumed the responsibility, entitling it the Della Heise Vial of Life program.
Contact the St. Francis volunteer office if this service is needed by any person. There is no charge to receive a vial, which you place on your refrigerator. Your prescriptions need to be listed and placed inside the vial for use in an emergency.
VERNICE V. BAUMSTARK