- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Vial of Life effort is good legacy
To the editor:
Being a friend of Della B. Heise, I would like to add information on her stewardship in the Friends of St. Francis Medical Center. The 1,000 hours accumulated was with the Vial of Life program. However, in August 2001 the Friends of St. Francis relinquished this program, and the St. Francis Medical Center Auxiliary assumed the responsibility, entitling it the Della Heise Vial of Life program.
Contact the St. Francis volunteer office if this service is needed by any person. There is no charge to receive a vial, which you place on your refrigerator. Your prescriptions need to be listed and placed inside the vial for use in an emergency.
VERNICE V. BAUMSTARK