- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Southeast softball splits doubleheader at Morehead State
MOREHEAD, Ky. -- Southeast Missouri State's softball team split a pair of Ohio Valley Conference games Saturday with Morehead State.
Amy Fahnestock allowed six hits and only one run in a complete-game victory for the Otahkians in the 3-1 opener.
In the second game, Southeast (12-28, 7-8)allowed two seventh-inning runs in a 4-3 defeat. Jamie Birk had three hits and two RBIs. Jessica Hunter took the loss.
The teams play at noon today.
Track splits time
Southeast's track program split Saturday between the Drake Relays and the Murray State Twilight Meet.
At Drake, Southeast's men's 400 relay squad of Jon Jefferson, Miles Smith, Tim Jefferson and Seth Schuster finished third in 41.49. The sprint medley group of Tim Jefferson, Schuster, Jared Tanz and Smith finished sixth in 3:25.19.
Southeast's women set a school record in the distance medley relay event on Friday. The team of Kaci Pilcher, LaQuita Andrews, Brooke Woodruff and Lindsey Zeiler finished fourth in 11:39.26.
Heather Jenkins won two events at Murray State. Murray State Twilight Meet
Southeast women's top two finishers
Pole vault -- 2. Megan Rosenkoetter, Discus -- 1. Heather Jenkins, 2. Megan Youse; Hammer -- 1. Heather Jenkins; Javelin -- 2. Rosenkoetter.
Southeast men's top two finishers
3,000 steeplechase -- 2. Brad DeMattei; Pole vault -- 1. Colin Sheridan; Shot put -- 2. Bill Nekula; Discus -- 2. Jay Heddell; Javelin -- 2. Brandon Williams.-- From staff reports