- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
It arises almost mirage-like in what was once farmland near Fruitland: a subdivision called Pleasant Lake. It is indeed pleasant, nestled among gently rolling hills.
The home at 677 Pleasant Lake is so immaculate that it would seem to be a brand new construction. Yet it's about five years old, which gives it the advantages of a yard that is already established and the warmth of having been inhabited by a family.
This is a brick and vinyl home with four bedrooms, three bathrooms and a three-car garage. It is located in the Jackson school district and minutes from both Cape Girardeau and Jackson.
The interior is highlighted by a reaching cathedral ceiling with two large skylights in the living room and the adaptability of a light, neutral color palette. Light walls, light beige carpeting and white ceramic tile floors give the home an easy-to-decorate background.
This home features an open floor plan that allows for comfortable space flow throughout. The living room, with an attractive gas log fireplace as its centerpiece adjoins a formal dining area and a classic, but modern kitchen. Light from numerous large windows tie the spaces together.
The dining area overlooks the rear deck, bringing the beauty of the outdoors inside.
The kitchen uses white ceramic tile floors and warm oak cabinetry with brass pulls. This traditional look is combined with modern white appliances, including a smoothtop range with a built-in microwave above it. The kitchen also includes a cozy breakfast bar and nook. Adjoining the kitchen is a main level laundry room, which has an exit to the three-car garage.
The most stunning aspect of this home is its windows. The rear wall of the home is made up of two rows of large windows that span the main and basement levels of the home. With an open staircase, the gentle pastoral view of the meadow behind the house serves a backdrop for the entire layout.
The home's master bedroom suite includes a large bedroom and a bath with a tiled garden-style whirlpool tub with two large windows above it. A double sink vanity with vanity lighting make it both visually appealing and comfortable. A large walk-in closet completes the suite. Two more bedrooms also are located on the main level, both conveniently wired for cable television and telephone.
An added asset of this home is a finished basement. Downstairs is a large family room with an exit to the home's back patio, a downstairs bathroom and a large guest bedroom. Plenty of unfinished space is available for storage and future finishing.