- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Francine's Gardens in Cape Girardeau was the setting Oct. 4, 2003, for the wedding of Jamie Lynn Martin and Benjamin James Ressel. The Rev. Grant Gillard performed the ceremony. Soloist was Brooke Burrows of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Marvin and Kathey Martin of Doniphan, Mo. Steve and Sandy Ressel of Cape Girardeau are parents of the groom.
The bride was presented in marriage by her father.
Maid of honor was Melanie Wilcoxson of Jonesboro, Ark., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Ashley Oldham of Houston, Mo., and Laura Crumley of Kansas City, Mo., cousins of the bride; Tamara Wertenberger of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Jennifer Stein of Branson, Mo., Natalie Murdock of Springfield, Mo., and Jody Thompson of Poplar Bluff.
Ron Styer of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Cory Johnson of Cape Girardeau, Jeff Walters of Fruitland, Justin Keen of Jackson, Zack Adams of St. Charles, Mo., Doug Wilcoxson of Jonesboro, brother-in-law of the bride; and Sam Spain of Poplar Bluff. Ushers were Clint, Jody and Philip Ressel, brothers of the groom.
Flower girls were Makayla Oldham of Houston and Abby Roach of Naylor, Mo., cousins of the bride. Ringbearers were Tyler Crumley of Doniphan and Dylan Crumley of Kansas City, cousins of the bride.
Rachael Schlosser of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom, attended the guest book. Programs were handed out by Beth Carter and Renee Burnett.
The reception was held at the gardens.
Mrs. Ressel is a registered nurse at Auburn Surgery Center in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a branch manager at Wells Fargo Financial in Cape Girardeau.
After a wedding trip to Jamaica, the couple resides in Jackson.