- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Ruby Brasel Yates, 82, of Cobden, Ill., died Monday, April 19, 2004, at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born July 18, 1921, at Saratoga, Ill., daughter of Charles and Mary Hartley Brasel.
She and Jack Gordon Yates Sr. were married April 15, 1939, in Jackson, Mo. He died Dec. 7, 1992.
She was a member of Bethel Baptist Church in Cobden and a 50-year member of Eastern Star Chapter 522 in Anna.
Survivors include a daughter, Jackie Hale of Cobden; two sons, Jack Yates Jr. and Charles Yates of Cobden; two sisters, Rosa Carter of Lick Creek, Ill., Florence Bartruff of Anna; five grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four brothers, two sisters and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Mixen officiating. Burial will be in Kelley Cemetery near Cobden.