- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Della B. Heise, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, April 19, 2004, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born July 20, 1913, in Cape Girar-deau, daughter of William D. and Freda W. Bode Deevers. She and Gale Heise were married Sept. 7, 1929, in Cape Girardeau, a total of 67 years. He died Nov. 11, 1996.
Della was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church, Ladies Aid and served on the Planning and Building Committee for the new church. She participated in Psi Psi Psi Sorority, Wednesday Club, Southeast Missouri Hospital Auxiliary, P.E.O. and River Hills Garden Club.
She was a longtime board member and officer of Friends of St. Francis Medical Center, and accumulated 1,000 hours in 1990. In 1999 she became the 14th Life Time Honorary Member.
Survivors include a son-in-law, James R. Besher of Fredericktown, Mo.; three grandchildren, James R. (Lorene) Besher II of St. Louis, William D. Besher of Boulder, Colo., and Allison Besher of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a daughter, Della, on Sept. 26, 1998.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Trinity Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Douglas C. Breite officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.