- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)31
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)32
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Plenty of help when car stalled
To the editor:
On Good Friday, my car stalled at the four-way stop at Bloomfield Road and Siemers Drive. As soon as I stepped out of my car, several men rushed up and pushed my car out of the traffic. There was no horn honking, no road rage and no loud talking. The men were very courteous and kind. A man stopped about 10 minutes later to see if all was well. The driver of the wrecker was polite and took my friend and me to the doctor's office, where we had left another friend.
We only hear of the bad things. These men who helped me have strengthened my faith in mankind. AAA was prompt in answering my call too. Thank you.