- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Plenty of help when car stalled
To the editor:
On Good Friday, my car stalled at the four-way stop at Bloomfield Road and Siemers Drive. As soon as I stepped out of my car, several men rushed up and pushed my car out of the traffic. There was no horn honking, no road rage and no loud talking. The men were very courteous and kind. A man stopped about 10 minutes later to see if all was well. The driver of the wrecker was polite and took my friend and me to the doctor's office, where we had left another friend.
We only hear of the bad things. These men who helped me have strengthened my faith in mankind. AAA was prompt in answering my call too. Thank you.