- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Plenty of help when car stalled
To the editor:
On Good Friday, my car stalled at the four-way stop at Bloomfield Road and Siemers Drive. As soon as I stepped out of my car, several men rushed up and pushed my car out of the traffic. There was no horn honking, no road rage and no loud talking. The men were very courteous and kind. A man stopped about 10 minutes later to see if all was well. The driver of the wrecker was polite and took my friend and me to the doctor's office, where we had left another friend.
We only hear of the bad things. These men who helped me have strengthened my faith in mankind. AAA was prompt in answering my call too. Thank you.