- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Plenty of help when car stalled
To the editor:
On Good Friday, my car stalled at the four-way stop at Bloomfield Road and Siemers Drive. As soon as I stepped out of my car, several men rushed up and pushed my car out of the traffic. There was no horn honking, no road rage and no loud talking. The men were very courteous and kind. A man stopped about 10 minutes later to see if all was well. The driver of the wrecker was polite and took my friend and me to the doctor's office, where we had left another friend.
We only hear of the bad things. These men who helped me have strengthened my faith in mankind. AAA was prompt in answering my call too. Thank you.