- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)12
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Plenty of help when car stalled
To the editor:
On Good Friday, my car stalled at the four-way stop at Bloomfield Road and Siemers Drive. As soon as I stepped out of my car, several men rushed up and pushed my car out of the traffic. There was no horn honking, no road rage and no loud talking. The men were very courteous and kind. A man stopped about 10 minutes later to see if all was well. The driver of the wrecker was polite and took my friend and me to the doctor's office, where we had left another friend.
We only hear of the bad things. These men who helped me have strengthened my faith in mankind. AAA was prompt in answering my call too. Thank you.